CSST Part 1 and Part 2 have passed the Approval process by The British Psychological Society (BPS) according to the BPS’ 5 quality criteria.
Completion of CSST Part 1 and Part 2 is a pre-requisite to being accepted for training Supervision with Professor Dryden prior to eligibility for Accreditation by the Association of Single-Session Therapy (ASST)
IMPORTANT: To secure a place on CSST Part 1 and Part 2 applicants MUST (1) Book a course place AND (2) Submit a completed application form downloadable from here (PDF) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. No place is secured until BOTH are received AND confirmation is sent by SDS Seminars
This Certificate is the first in the world in Single-Session Therapy and consists of two modules: CSST Part 1 and CSST Part 2.
CSST Part 1 and Part 2 are Approved by The British Psychological Society.
Completion of CSST Part 1 and Part 2 is a pre-requisite to being accepted for training Supervision with Professor Dryden prior to eligibility for Accreditation by the Association of Single-Session Therapists (ASST)
Who can do the Certificate?
- those whose practice is based on helping people through some form of “professional talking relationship” and who already have professional indemnity insurance for people based talking professions. Provision of and acceptance by SDS Seminars of the details of appropriate professional indemnity insurance is a condition of acceptance on the course.
- anyone who is able to obtain professional insurance from companies like Oxygen Insurance, for what they call “people based professions”, which they list and is very broad covering Coaches, Educational Consultants, as well as those in the more recognised and established psychology professions. Currently we are sadly not able to offer training to those whose professional qualification is solely as a mediator - http://www.oxygeninsurance.com/professional-sectors/s/
Course Numbers Course applicants will train in cohorts of up to 16 students only.
CSST Part 1 consists of 33 hours of online lectures and direct tutorials:
- Students attend online lectures at times of their choice but must attend all required lectures before the date of the last tutorial for their cohort;
- Students required to attend Live Sessions with Professor Dryden on the dates specified;
- To obtain CSST Part 1, delegates must complete the online course and attend the required live - tutorials. At the end they must take an online test and pass it with an 80% mark.
Part 1 Costs:
- Regular Price £1260 + vat
- Early Bird Discount £1060 +vat
CSST Part 2
Access to CSST Part 2 commences once a student has completed CSST Part 1 CSST Part 2 concerns student pair work practice via video conferencing, observation by other students plus feedback and assessment by Professor Dryden
Students are to pair with 2 different partners and are responsible for arranging between themselves 2 private “practices” by video conferencing. Online support will be provided regarding any issues that arise.
Practice details: A co-coaching model is to be used whereby a real personal issue is used in all practices. These should cover 30 mins EACH WAY ROUND. Hence 2 hours commitment prior to the Practice Experiential (see below) is required.
All members of the cohort pairs will be allocated a partner for the Practice Experiential. They will lead a Single-session with a real personal issue which will be observed by Professor Dryden and other cohort members.
Part 2 cost: £490 + VAT
Book Part 1 and 2 together and save: pay £1450 + vat (Regular Price £1750 + vat)
Call SDS Office to take advantage of this offer: +44(0)1825 763710
Association of Single-Session Therapists (ASST) & SST Accreditation
Association of Single-Session Therapists (ASST)
A new Association of Single-Session Therapists has been established by Professor Windy Dryden. Details available directly from Professor Dryden.
SST is assessed and conferred by ASST.
- Completion of CSST Part 1
- Completion of CSST Part 2
- Supervision of clients commences after CSST Part 1 and CSST Part 2 have been completed. 25 SST sessions with clients. 12 of those sessions should be supervised in some form with W.D. (Group or Individual), 6 of the SST sessions should be supervised by individual supervision by WD. Supervision every 4 weeks (1 month).
- An assessed session recording and transcript will be required as part of the Accreditation application. The applicant will be required to provide a written commentary of the session as part of the transcript. Written permission will be required from the client
Reaccreditation: Every 3 years with evidence of completed CPD in the form of training and regular monthly supervision
Supervision costs: £ 150 per hour individual supervision, £75 per person for group supervision (2 hours up to 4 supervisees)