CSST Part 1 and Part 2 have passed the Approval process by The British Psychological Society (BPS) according to the BPS’ 5 quality criteria.
Completion of CSST Part 1 and Part 2 is a pre-requisite to being accepted for training Supervision with Professor Dryden prior to eligibility for Accreditation by the Association of Single-Session Therapy (ASST)
IMPORTANT: To secure a place on CSST Part 1 and Part 2 applicants MUST (1) Book a course place AND (2) Submit a completed application form downloadable from here (PDF) and email it to email@example.com. No place is secured until BOTH are received AND confirmation is sent by SDS Seminars
Who can do the Certificate?
- Those whose practice is based on helping people through some form of “professional talking relationship” and who already have professional indemnity insurance for people based talking professions
- Anyone who is able to obtain professional insurance from companies like Oxygen Insurance, for what they call “people based professions”, which they list and is very broad covering Coaches, Educational Consultants, Mediators, as well as those in the more recognised and established psychology professions - http://www.oxygeninsurance.com/professional-sectors/s/
Course applicants will train in cohorts of 16 students only.
CSST Part 1 consists of 33 hours of online lectures and direct tutorials:
- Students attend online lectures at times of their choice but must attend all required lectures before the date of the last tutorial for their cohort;
- Students required to attend Live Sessions with Professor Dryden on the dates specified; To obtain CSST Part 1, delegates must complete the online course and attend the required live - tutorials. At the end they must take an online test and pass it with an 80% mark.
Part 1 Costs:
- Regular Price £1260 + vat
- Early Bird Discount £1060 +vat
Book Part 1 and 2 together and save: click here for more information.
Full Course Outline
NB! Modules highlighted in BOLD will be taken live. - Day 1 - CSST 1.1 Introductions and Expectations 1 Hour Live Zoom Session - CSST 1.2 What is SST: Nature, Origins and Developments 1 Hour Online Training
Day 2 CSST 1.3 Overview of the Principles and Practice of SST (1) 2 Hours Online Training
Day 3 CSST 1.4 Overview of the Principles and Practice of SST (2) 2 Hours Online Training
Day 4 CSST 1.5 Demonstration of SST (1) 2 Hours
Day 5 CSST 1.6 Doubts, Reservations and Objections (DROs) to SST (I) 2 Hours Live Zoom Session
Day 6 CSST 1.7 Tutorial 1 Hour Live Zoom Session
Day 7 CSST 1.8 What Constitutes Good and Bad Practice in SST 2 Hours Online Training
Day 8 CSST 1.9 Understanding the Context of SST and Dissemination 2 Hours Online Training
Day 9 CSST 1.10 Demonstration of SST(2) 2 Hours
Day 10 CSST 1.11 The Suitability Question (for Clients and Therapists) & Understanding the Process of SST 2 Hours Online Training
Day 11 CSST 1.12 Setting-Up SST and Helping Both the Therapist and the Client to Get the Most Out of the Session 2 Hours Online Training
Day 12 CSST 1.13 Tutorial 1 Hour Live Zoom Session
Day 13 CSST 1.14 Demonstration of SST (III) 2 Hours
Day 14 CSST 1.15 What Gets Covered in a Session? 2 Hours Online Training
Day 15 CSST 1.16 Follow-up 2 Hours Online Training
Day 16 CSST 1.17 Doubts, Reservations and Objections (DROs) to SST (II) (- DROs held by therapists generally) 2 Hours Online Training
- CSST 1.18 Tutorial 1 Hour Live Zoom Session
- CSST 1.19 Course Review and Next Steps 2 Hour Live Zoom Session
Total: 17 Days / 33 Hours
For the Full Outline with dates of the first cohort starting on 15 June 2020 CLICK HERE
Live Tutorials of the second cohort starting on 28 September 2020 will take place on the following dates, starting at 14.00 UK time:
- CSST 1.1: 28 September 2020 - 1 hour
- CSST 1.6: 6 October 2020 - 2 hours
- CSST 1.7: 14 October 2020 - 1 hour
- CSST 1.13: 22 October 2020 - 1 hour
- CSST 1.18 and 1.19: 29 October 2020 - 3 hours
All other modules for the second cohort are delivered as online courses and can be done in own time. Online courses should be all finished by the date of the last tutorial.
Course Reading list:
The main course book is:
Dryden, W. (2019). Single-session therapy: 100 Key Points and techniques. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge. [SST: 100KTP]
Professor Dryden’s next book is published on June 18th 2020 and is recommend as a good overview:
- Dryden, W. (2020). The single-session counselling primer: Principles and practice. Ross-on-Wye, PCCS Books.
Moshe Talmon’s ground-breaking book is recommended as background reading:
- Talmon, M. (1990): Single-session therapy: Maximising the effect of the first (and often only) therapeutic encounter. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. (copies are available on amazon.co.uk)
Other reading suggestions will be made during the course
Association of Single Session Therapists (ASST) & SST Accreditation
Association of Single Session Therapists (ASST)
A new Association of Single Session Therapists is currently being established by Professor Windy Dryden & Professor Paul Grantham. This will be an umbrella body for single session therapists of whatever modality. Details to follow
Association of Single Session Therapists:
Members (open to all) £25 a year,
Qualified Members (those who have completed the Certificate 1 and 2) £50 a year,
Accredited Members £65 a year
SST is assessed and conferred by ASST.
- Completion of CSST Part 1
- Completion of CSST Part 2
- Supervision of clients commences after CSST Part 1 and CSST Part 2 have been completed. 25 SST sessions with clients. 12 of those sessions should be supervised in some form with W.D. (Group or Individual), 6 of the SST sessions should be supervised by individual supervision by WD. Supervision every 4 weeks (1 month).
- An assessed session recording and transcript will be required as part of the Accreditation application. The applicant will be required to provide a written commentary of the session as part of the transcript. Written permission will be required from the client
Reaccreditation: Every 3 years with evidence of completed CPD in the form of training and regular monthly supervision
Supervision costs: £150 per hour individual supervision, £75 per person for group supervision (2 hours up to 4 supervisees)