CSST Part 1 and Part 2 have passed the Approval process by The British Psychological Society (BPS) according to the BPS’ 5 quality criteria.
Completion of CSST Part 1 and Part 2 is a pre-requisite to being accepted for training Supervision with Professor Dryden prior to eligibility for Accreditation by the Association of Single-Session Therapy (ASST)
IMPORTANT: To secure a place on CSST Part 1 and Part 2 applicants MUST (1) Book a course place AND (2) Submit a completed application form downloadable from here (PDF) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. No place is secured until BOTH are received AND confirmation is sent by SDS Seminars
Who can do the Certificate?
- Those whose practice is based on helping people through some form of “professional talking relationship” and who already have professional indemnity insurance for people based talking professions. Provision of and acceptance by SDS Seminars of the details of appropriate professional indemnity insurance is a condition of acceptance on the course.
- Anyone who is able to obtain professional insurance from companies like Oxygen Insurance, for what they call “people based professions”, which they list and is very broad covering Coaches, Educational Consultants, as well as those in the more recognised and established psychology professions. Currently we are sadly not able to offer training to those whose professional qualification is solely as a mediator - http://www.oxygeninsurance.com/professional-sectors/s/
Course applicants will train in cohorts of up to 16 students only.
CSST Part 1 consists of 33 hours of online lectures and direct tutorials:
- Students attend online lectures at times of their choice but must attend all required lectures before the date of the last tutorial for their cohort;
- Students required to attend Live Sessions with Professor Dryden on the dates specified; To obtain CSST Part 1, delegates must complete the online course and attend the required live - tutorials. At the end they must take an online test and pass it with an 80% mark.
Part 1 Costs:
- Regular Price £1260 + vat
- Early Bird Discount £1060 +vat
Book Part 1 and 2 together and save: click here for more information.
Full Course Outline
NB! Modules highlighted in BOLD will be taken live.
- CSST 1.1 Introductions and Expectations; 1 Hour Live Zoom Session
- CSST 1.2 What is SST: Nature, Origins and Developments; 1 Hour Online Training
- CSST 1.3 Overview of the Principles and Practice of SST (part 1); 2 Hours Online Training
- CSST 1.4 Overview of the Principles and Practice of SST (part 2); 2 Hours Online Training
- CSST 1.5 Demonstration of SST (1); 2 Hours Online
- CSST 1.6 Doubts, Reservations and Objections (DROs) to SST (1); 2 Hours Live Zoom Session
- CSST 1.7 Tutorial ; 1 Hour Live Zoom Session
- CSST 1.8 What Constitutes Good and Bad Practice in SST; 2 Hours Online Training
- CSST 1.9 Understanding the Context of SST and Dissemination; 2 Hours Online Training
- CSST 1.10 Demonstration of SST(2); 2 Hours Online
- CSST 1.11 The Suitability Question (for Clients and Therapists) & Understanding the Process of SST; 2 Hours Online Training
- CSST 1.12 Setting-Up SST and Helping Both the Therapist and the Client to Get the Most Out of the Session; 2 Hours Online Training
- CSST 1.13 Tutorial ; 1 Hour Live Zoom Session
- CSST 1.14 Demonstration of SST (III); 2 Hours Online
- CSST 1.15 What Gets Covered in a Session? 2 Hours Online Training
- CSST 1.16 Follow-up in SST; 2 Hours Online Training
- CSST 1.17 Doubts, Reservations and Objections (DROs) to SST (2) (- DROs held by therapists generally); 2 Hours Online Training
- CSST 1.18 Tutorial ; 1 Hour Live Zoom Session
- CSST 1.19 Course Review and Next Steps ; 1 Hour Live Zoom Session
Total: 17 Days / 33 Hours
Live Tutorials of the 3rd cohort starting on 3 March 2021 will take place on the following dates, starting at 14.00 UK time:
- CSST 1.1: 3 March 2021 - 1 hour
- CSST 1.6: 11 March 2021 - 2 hours
- CSST 1.7: 17 March 2021 - 1 hour
- CSST 1.13: 29 March 2021 - 1 hour
- CSST 1.18 and 1.19: 13 April 2021 - 2 hours
All online modules can be done in students own times AS LONG AS the online module numbers are completed prior to the subsequent Live Tutorial modules eg. CSST1.2-1.5 are completed before Live Tutorial CSST1.6 etc
Course Reading list:
The main course book is:
Dryden, W. (2019). Single-session therapy: 100 Key Points and techniques. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge. [SST: 100KTP]
Professor Dryden’s next book is published on June 18th 2020 and is recommend as a good overview:
- Dryden, W. (2020). The single-session counselling primer: Principles and practice. Ross-on-Wye, PCCS Books.
Moshe Talmon’s ground-breaking book is recommended as background reading:
- Talmon, M. (1990): Single-session therapy: Maximising the effect of the first (and often only) therapeutic encounter. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. (copies are available on amazon.co.uk)
Other reading suggestions will be made during the course
Association of Single-Session Therapists (ASST) & SST Accreditation
Association of Single-Session Therapists (ASST)
A new Association of Single-Session Therapists has been established by Professor Windy Dryden. Details available directly from Professor Dryden.
SST is assessed and conferred by ASST.
- Completion of CSST Part 1
- Completion of CSST Part 2
- Supervision of clients commences after CSST Part 1 and CSST Part 2 have been completed. 25 SST sessions with clients. 12 of those sessions should be supervised in some form with W.D. (Group or Individual), 6 of the SST sessions should be supervised by individual supervision by WD. Supervision every 4 weeks (1 month).
- An assessed session recording and transcript will be required as part of the Accreditation application. The applicant will be required to provide a written commentary of the session as part of the transcript. Written permission will be required from the client
Reaccreditation: Every 3 years with evidence of completed CPD in the form of training and regular monthly supervision
Supervision costs: £150 per hour individual supervision, £75 per person for group supervision (2 hours up to 4 supervisees)