The BPS Approved Certificate in Trauma Treatments consists of 4 modules / 8 training days that can be booked together or separately as individual courses. This course can be taken by Online course or Webcast recording. The course is designed to provide both an up-to-date theoretical overview of a selection of trauma treatment approaches along with their practical application within a range of practice environments.
4 Modules of the Certificate in Trauma Treatments:
- Trauma: Psychopathology and Treatment (2 days)
- New Approaches to Traumatic Grief and Loss (2 days)
- CBT for Working with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (2 days)
- Resilience: Prevention and Recovery from Traumatic Damage (2 days)
The focus will be on separate modules relating to Trauma’s Psychopathology & Treatment including:
- a broad overview of approaches from the Somatic Therapies (Levine, Rothschild & Van Der Kolk), through CBT to EMDR;
- CBT approaches to PTSD (Ehlers, Clark & Brewin);
- new approaches to traumatic grief & loss (focusing on Solution Focused approaches and challenges to pathologised models of trauma);
- resilience for prevention & recovery from traumatic damage (a review of current research and practice, laying the groundwork for training in the promotion of resilience in children, adolescents & adults).
After each individual module delegates will be awarded with a Certificate of Attendance.
To receive a full BPS Approved Certificate of Assessed Academic Competence in Trauma Treatment with 60 CPD hours, delegates, after attending all 4 modules of the course, need to take and pass a final online test.
The structure of the certificate is as follows:
This two day course provides a broad practical and theoretical overview of current approaches to treating trauma from a range of theoretical and therapeutic perspectives, such as Somatic Therapies, Porges' Polyvagal Theory, Adaptive Information Processing, EMDR and others.
A practical two day course for those who work with survivors of trauma, from RTA to childhood abuse. The day combines an overview of the current understanding of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) with case discussion, demonstration and treatment.
Grief Counselling and Grief Therapy have been strongly influenced over the last thirty years by “stage models” of grief – from Kubler-Ross onwards. However, over the last decade new therapeutic perspectives and research has seriously challenged some of the commonly held assumptions about grief & loss work and their therapeutic implications. Additionally there are particular factors about “traumatic grief” that provide particular challenges to the practitioner.
A two day course providing (1) a research based understanding of the role of resilience and (2) key practical skills for both prevention and recovery from traumatic damage. It draws on early work by Werner which explored how and why around a third of children do not develop problems despite growing up in traumatic and abusive environments right through to Frederickson’s work on the protective role of positive emotions in developing resilience.
- Trauma: Psychopathology and Treatment (2 days) - 2 days, 14 Hours
- New Approaches to Traumatic Grief and Loss (2 days) - 2 days, 14 Hours
- CBT for Working with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (2 days) - 2 days, 14 Hours
- Resilience: Prevention and Recovery from Traumatic Damage (2 days) - 2 days, 14 Hours
- Online test (please email us for further details) - 4 Hours
Total days: 8
Total Hours: 60
Certificate Payment Options
You have two payment options:
Spread the cost - pay per course as you go along:
Total RRP £1160 + vat (£1392)
Total if paid at EBD prices £1100 + vat (£1320)
Pay for the whole course: £1000 (£1200).
To Book the Full Certificate, please call the office: 01825 763710