COVID-19: A message from the SDS Seminars' Directors
Needless to say, the last few weeks have been very challenging as we grapple with the health, safety and economic effects of the COVID-19 virus spread. Our top priority has been to ensure the safety of our employees and customers, and we are responding accordingly.
While we cannot predict the future, we wanted to let you, our customers and colleagues, know how we are addressing the epidemic and what you can expect from us in the near future.
To the best of our ability, we are going to continue doing what we do best, which is to provide you with evidence-based training in psychology, counselling and psychotherapy, and we are in a good position to offer you this from the comfort of your own home, without safety risks to you, your loved ones or colleagues.
We are technologically equipped to deliver our training events to you in a variety of ways:
• Starting this week our live events will be delivered to you via our Interactive Webcasts with trainers participating LIVE in the group chat, answering all your questions, commenting in discussions and giving advice. It was a tremendous effort by our whole team that made this solution possible – come and check it out – we are sure you will like this way of learning. NB! -Selected events will take place with tutors participating LIVE on video via ZOOM. See SDS Masterclasses for further details.
• Also from today we are extending the expiration date for all our recordings from 28 to 60 days without any extra cost to you. This way you have a whole 2 months to complete your chosen course and receive a BPS Approved CPD Certificate.
• We are working towards adding more courses to our Online Training Range. These courses are based on live events, with video and slides, but they have a plethora of additional features – additional viewing and reading materials, online tests throughout and at the end – with a BPS Approved Certificate available for you to print out when you’ve completed the training.
• We are planning to make the first chapter of EVERY online course we have available for you, for free, This way you know exactly what to expect from the course before committing to it financially. See how it works with our most popular online training on Case Formulations in CBT.
Please visit our website to continue to experience the best that SDS Seminars has to offer from wherever you are in the world.
As an aside, it is interesting to note that SDS conducted its first training course in 1990, 30 years ago. Over those three decades, we have successfully managed through all manner of circumstances – and we will manage in this instance as well.
Above all, we want you to know that we stand ready to support you with our expertise, advice and the highest level of service as we navigate together the challenges the world currently faces.
Many thanks for your confidence and trust.
Paul and Julia
Prof Paul Grantham and Dr Julia Budnik, Directors
About SDS Seminars Ltd
SDS Training Company was established in 1990 to provide evidence-based, relevant and engaging training of the highest quality to health, social care, education and counselling professionals. We specialise in psychotherapy training, counselling training, and general psychological skills training as it applies to helping others, as well as to personal and managerial development. We have trained over 120,000 health professionals since our inception.
Our primary aim is to provide you with gold-standard training — informed, exciting and packed with practical ideas, skills and tips addressing your everyday work problems.
The vast majority of our courses are Approved by The British Psychological Society, it means that have passed rigorous assessment and has been Approved by BPS on the basis of the following criteria:
- they contain evidence–based information;
- the amount of information provided is appropriate for the course’s duration;
- information within the course is updated regularly and meets currently available guidelines;
- the course presenter is a fully qualified practitioner in the relevant field and able to deliver the information in an intelligible and engaging way.
Exceptionally qualified and experienced presenters: All our seminar presenters and trainers are exceptionally well qualified and have extensive experience of working in public sector service organisations such as local authorities and the NHS Trusts. You'll feel confident in their knowledge and qualifications whilst knowing their career histories show that there's no theory without experience here! They are renowned for their excellent teaching skills and can present complex ideas in simple and easily comprehensible ways and frequently, not without humour.
Live and video demonstrations of techniques: All our training events provide live or video demonstrations of skills and techniques. We strongly believe that observational learning is one of the most powerful and effective learning styles available.
Group and pair exercises: Within our workshops, our trainers encourage delegates to practice techniques in group and pair exercises during the course of the day. We have evidence that this practical way of learning is particularly effective.
Quality seminar materials: When appropriate we will provide you with quality seminar materials via downloadable link including photocopiable work - sheets, checklists and forms to use with your clients.
Meet and discuss common interests and problems with colleagues: There will be opportunities to network and exchange ideas with like-minded colleagues throughout our training days. Delegates on our training courses typically comprise: Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Psychiatric Nurses, Counsellors, Clinical Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Doctors, Nurses, Midwives, Health Visitors, Social Workers, Care Staff, Outreach Workers, Occupational Therapists, Speech & Language Therapists, Dietitians, Housing Support Staff, Probation Officers, Substance Misuse Workers, Community Practitioners, Youth Workers, Teachers and others; working in a variety of settings including; Adult Mental Health, Children and Adolescents, Older People, Learning Disability, Brain Injury, Forensic and Substance Misuse, Education, Local Government and the Independent Sector.
Centrally located venues: You won't have to travel far to our seminars, our course run at the British Psychological Society in London, as well as in the centre of Manchester and Birmingham. If these are not convenient or you wish to provide training to a large number of your staff, please get details of our in-house packages.
For most of our courses you don't have to travel at all: Our unique Interactive Webcasting System enables you to attend our events from anywhere in the world and to enjoy full participation in our courses (including Q&As, pair work and group discussions) from the comfort of your own home or office.
Affordable pricing: We know about your financial constraints and their impact on training. That's why we price our courses to make them as accessible as possible. We offer discounts for block bookings and a variety of special promotions for returning customers.
Unparalleled Customer Service: Out office team is proud to offer you highly personalised, informed and compassionate service. We value and know you, our students, and will do everything we can to make your experience with SDS Seminars worthwhile and pleasant.