The BPS Approved Master Practitioner Diploma in CBT is designed to provide students with a comprehensive skills and theory based training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy covering in total 525 hours (min requirement 450 hours) of training via direct tutor training, video demonstrations, practice, interactive online modules, post-course reading with assessed online tests and case formulation submissions.
Through these means, the course enables students to achieve a proficiency in CBT and receive a BPS Approved Master Practitioner Diploma in CBT on completion.
The course has changed significantly over the years, remaining the same in its learning outcomes and essentials; mainly via addition of new modules, means of learning and extras.
We review the course regularly to make sure that it meets all the criteria for the BPS Approval, while remaining user friendly and streamlined for our students.
The latest review took place in January 2024. Here are the main changes:
- the overall number of available training has increased to 525 hours
- the qualifying hours have decreased to the original 450 hours
- the above changes allow students more flexibility in shaping up their training
- two courses within the programme have alternatives:
- Socratic Questioning can be replaced with Socratic Questioning for Eating disorders
- Working with PTSD can be replaced with Sexual and Emotional Trauma: Using CBT with Adults and Children
- we've reduced the number of required Case Formulation modules, but increased the hours allocated for each, on the basis of feedback received from the students
- we've reduced the hours allocated to Evidenced Reading modules slightly
You can see the Diploma Outline in this image.
FREE Extras for Those Who Purchased the Whole Diploma Outright:
- Exclusive Access to an ANNUAL FREE 1-hour CBT Supervision with Paul Grantham, Course Director.
- Exclusive FREE Access to the full library of past CBT tutorials
- UNLIMITED email support with Paul Grantham, Course Director